Calling all search and rescue groups, BCSARA is looking for videos of your group in action to be featured on the BCSARA social media platforms!
BCSARA is looking to increase marketing and awareness of your group through content on our YouTube channel and other social media by profiling the outstanding training, operational tasks and other events that happen so often in all groups. Many groups have their own channels and create amazing content but do not get the views or exposure they are looking for. Having one main platform provincially we can combine our content and push to reach more people. With your help, together we will continue to raise the profile of the ground search and rescue community across the province.
Some elements we want to encourage:
- Group introduction videos. Tell us about your group, what equipment you have and
capabilities you can perform.
- Group based submissions can be of training or tasks for recognized capabilities.
- Best practices for safety and personal protective equipment usage is required.
- Where necessary, ensure privacy is met or footage is not sensitive.
- For footage from an operational task, please see Q&A for info.
- All media accepted for distribution and approved will have the BCSARA animated logo added to end of finished videos as endorsement.
- Finished submissions or rough videos can be submitted.
- BCSARA retains rights to edit, correct content, and publish on behalf of groups who have submitted content with permission.
- Videos must be submitted with signed permission of a society and not individuals.
Submissions will require vetting by BCSARA and EMBC for content. Release forms for public and permissions from requesting agencies will be gathered where required.
Let’s raise the profile of search and rescue in BC and showcase our best and most valuable
assets; – our volunteers!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: