What Is The Purpose Of BCSARA ?
Funding & Finance:
- To solicit, receive, control, administer and distribute funds, donations and gifts.
- To enhance and support the delivery of a volunteer community-based search and rescue service in British Columbia.
- To foster a beneficial working relationship between registered volunteer search and rescue service providers and the agencies responsible for GSAR in British Columbia.
- To undertake all duties and responsibilities previously held by the Provincial Search and Rescue Advisory Committee.
- To own and dispose of property, both real and personal.
- To provide and support public prevention, education, and awareness programs which promote safe outdoor activity.
- To provide public awareness of ground and inland water search and rescue.
- To liaise between all contributors, participants and stakeholders in the ground search and rescue service.
- To liaise and interact with SAR organizations in other provinces, countries, and at the federal/national levels.
- To participate in the recognition of official GSAR groups in British Columbia.
Health & Safety:
- To provide health and safety support to registered volunteer ground search and rescue groups and volunteers.
- To promote, develop, support, assist, and deliver local, regional, and provincial training for all GSAR volunteers.
Our Core Values
BCSARA follows these values when conducting its business:
Ensuring safety is paramount in all we do.
Accountability and transparency in how we fulfill our responsibilities.
Leadership through innovation, mentorship and professionalism.
Building the SAR community through communications.