What Is The Purpose Of BCSARA ?
Funding & Finance:
- To solicit, receive, control, administer and distribute funds, donations and gifts.
- To enhance and support the delivery of a volunteer community-based search and rescue service in British Columbia.
- To foster a beneficial working relationship between registered volunteer search and rescue service providers and the agencies responsible for GSAR in British Columbia.
- To undertake all duties and responsibilities previously held by the Provincial Search and Rescue Advisory Committee.
- To own and dispose of property, both real and personal.
- To provide and support public prevention, education, and awareness programs which promote safe outdoor activity.
- To provide public awareness of ground and inland water search and rescue.
- To liaise between all contributors, participants and stakeholders in the ground search and rescue service.
- To liaise and interact with SAR organizations in other provinces, countries, and at the federal/national levels.
- To participate in the recognition of official GSAR groups in British Columbia.
Health & Safety:
- To provide health and safety support to registered volunteer ground search and rescue groups and volunteers.
- To promote, develop, support, assist, and deliver local, regional, and provincial training for all GSAR volunteers.
Our Core Values
Ensuring safety is paramount in all we do.
Accountability and transparency in how we fulfill our responsibilities.
Leadership through innovation, mentorship and professionalism.
Building the SAR community through communications.
P.O. Box 2176