The BC AdventureSmart Teams and volunteer presenters reached 17,161 people face-to-face between November 7, 2019 – March 3, 2020.
- 18,099 kms travelled.
- 8/12 BC SAR regions travelled to.
- 26/80 SAR groups connected with.
- 363 volunteer presenters/ambassadors currently in BC.
- 68 new AdventureSmart presenters/ambassadors trained.
- 4,484 outdoor enthusiasts reached by volunteer presenters.
- 12,677 individuals reached solely by the BC AdventureSmart crews.
- 34% of the national AdventureSmart Trip Plan App downloads are in BC.
Thanks to the Executive Director, Sandra Riches, for leading the outreach team members; Ashley Berte and Ryan Seath were based in Nelson and Scott Yan, plus Tabatha Rathbone were based at their headquarters in Burnaby with Sandra. A very prosperous winter season of creative incident prevention outreach, campaign growth and targeted marketing strategies, consistent messaging, affiliate alliances and continued backing from the SAR community.
We’re proud to support this initiative and enjoy seeing the annual growth of the program. Exemplifying leadership, BC AdventureSmart advances each year by setting high standards of professionalism, by creating a provincial legacy, offering expertise and hands on experiential learning for all user groups.
This program is strongly supported as well by industry allies such as Emergency Management BC, Avalanche Canada, BC Parks, Parks Canada, the Search and Rescue Volunteers Association of Canada (SARVAC), Destination BC, Destination Marketing Organizations and the Lifesaving Society BC & Yukon Branch.
Summer 2020 strategies:
- Expansion of affiliate collaboration.
- Inland waters, coastal waters and waterfall safety.
- Increase public and SAR member awareness in the:
- Conduct surveys on outdoor user’s decision making, personal preparedness and the effectiveness of AdventureSmart in BC.
Thanks to the BC AdventureSmart crew & we wish them a safe, adventurous summer season ahead.
For more information, please contact Sandra Riches.