MEDIA RELEASE – BC AdventureSmart
Ask yourself, “what if ?”
BC Day Long Weekend Public Safety Announcement
Date: August 2 – 5, 2019
Contact: Sandra Riches, Executive Director & BC Coordinator / BC AdventureSmart
Long weekends are the busiest for the 2500 BC Search & Rescue Volunteers who respond to over 1700 incidents every year.
Before heading this “BC Day Long Weekend”, ask yourself;
- What if I get lost?
- What if I get hurt?
- What if I need to call for help?
- What if my group gets separated?
- What if my cell phone batteries die?
- What if I don’t have reception to call for help?
- What if I need to spend the night waiting for first responders?
- What if I need to alert search and rescue looking for me from the air or ground?
- What if . . . .
AdventureSmart increases awareness to help reduce the number and severity of SAR incidents by sharing our consistent safety message of the 3 T’s; trip plan, train and take essentials.
Media groups are encouraged to share our consistent safety message (see attached media boilerplate document). Media requests welcome.
Thank you, in advance, for your support and Happy BC Day!
Executive Director & BC Coordinator